This is from the History of the Scranton Public Library Collection. The photo is undated, but the presence of street car tracks would place it in the first half of the 20th Century. Built by Aaron Burr Silkman in 1840, the Silkman House served as the residence of various Silkman family members until 1938 when the property and building were given to the Scranton Public Library. It served as the Providence Branch of the library until 2006. It currently houses the library's Technical Services Unit and the Lackawanna River Corridor Association.